Pikachu Theme Pikachu Theme

Oh mann this brings back memories i used to listen to a Handsup remix of this !!
i wish it was more "harder" thou but its a nice 90's feel

Techmo-X responds:

Yeah I wanted to put more into it but it was way too simple so it's really hard to go on it.

Dawn Over The Horizon Dawn Over The Horizon

Excellent piece man
Would put in a video game if i made one :D

Techmo-X responds:

Yeah it's very video game like here.

Dark's Adventure: Dragonslayer Dark's Adventure: Dragonslayer

This is nice thou the drums are a little ear pircing in 00:47 for example and the violin is panned a little to much to the left imo ( im on headphones) .
the harp is great i would add a little bell or something in the background near the end part but thats just me .
but overall great piece :D

Troisnyx responds:

Thank you! Very glad you enjoyed it.

In orchestral music violins are way to the left unless it's a solo (there were also 1st violins). I could perhaps compromise by moving it a little more to the centre.

I'd have loved bells -- actually, I'd have loved ancient cymbals, those that leave a nice little ding! rather than a crash, those ones that are suspended on a string and you just ring them together. One day, hopefully...

As for the drums, I concur. I've asked Paranoidhumanoise for help mixing the drums; it's a different kind of animal from regular drums because there's no reverberation chamber in most medieval drums. You count on the environment to reverberate it for you (meaning, you're best playing it in a stone building, a church, a town hall...). He's given me some pointers. I'm going to see if I can't make it work.

Midsummer requiem Midsummer requiem

The progression is much better this time around :)
thou a little work on the melody ir required imo.
Keep at it

GXFICH responds:

Infinite Discovery Infinite Discovery

Not bad..

S3RL - Bass Slut feat. Tamika S3RL - Bass Slut feat. Tamika

So HOTT

Pastel Pink Kisses Pastel Pink Kisses

Its meh sorry man..
this piece lacks energy i dont think that having diffrent chords and whatnot is the answer.
learn more about tension and release you need to build up to something not just have something playing all the time like a loop..
IMO study some pop music and see why they work
or better yet study the music you like and try to figure out why you like it so much..
i listend to some of your other work and i noticed that your other work sounds simmilar to this.
i mean it propably works in the context of newgrounds but if you really want to make a good SONG you need to have better compositions and song structure.
Best of luck

Phantom by the Swings Phantom by the Swings

you still got ways to go :(
other then that nice elevator music :P

lesson of life lesson of life

If you was singing better id gave a 4

superbandit responds:

i cant just "sing better" that takes practise :) thanks anyway.

Twitchy Finger Twitchy Finger

Hey :)
So here is my honest thoughts on this.
first of all this track is too minimalist for my taste like there isent something standing out or memorable you know ?
from 0:22 to 0:58 i think you need more background elements a part like that could really use some movment like some bells or synthetic instruments.
imo this stuff will work nicely for some background in some games i really feel like in the 03:10 area there should have been something epic droping at 03:17 but you went back to the loop section in the begining.
main point is the piece lacks tension and release witch is one of the most importent things in music IMO.
i want to see you improve in your next works i will be happy to help ;)
good luck.

JasonConlon responds:

Thanks for your very detailed feedback - i appreciate you taking the time :) Yes, I suppose minimalist is quite a good word to describe it! Your comment on tension is fair, as well.